Academic Exploration and Advising Services (AEAS) is one of four student resources located in the MU Student Success Center. Together with the Career Center, Learning Center, and Center for Academic Success and Excellence (CASE), AEAS provides academic direction and support for students.
Our mission is to work collaboratively with students to help them develop and accomplish academic and life goals. The advisor and student work together to find a fit between the student's interests and abilities and what the university has to offer. Ultimately, students learn to navigate through and take full advantage of the university.
How We Can Help You Get There
We provide a variety of services to help you identify and reach your goals:
- Assistance in identifying appropriate courses and majors to fulfill academic/career goals.
- Information about academic policies and procedures, university enrichment opportunities, and university support services.
- Referrals to help students expand their network of contacts for academic/career planning.
- Facilitation of appropriate referrals to other campus resources.
- Presentations regarding academic issues such as choosing a major.
- how to register
- developing an academic plan for graduation
- getting involved with student organizations
- how to approach professors about research opportunities
- and more...